If things go wrong with your client, it pays to have the correct insurance in place.
As a professional service provider you endeavour to deliver the best service to your clients but mistakes can be made. If your client believes they have suffered financial loss as a result of your actions, it can be extremely costly to put things right.
Who is Professional Indemnity Cover for?
Anyone who provides advice, design or a professional service to their clients including:
- Soletraders, freelancers and contractors
- Single company, owned and limited companies
What does it cover?
Professional indemnity covers your legal costs and expenses in defending a claim, and any compensation or costs that may subsequently be awarded to the other party.
When would you need it?
If your client claims they have suffered financial loss as the result of alleged neglect, error or omission by you. Including:
- Negligence, such as making a mistake in a piece of work for a client, or giving them poor advice
- Infringement of intellectual property rights, such as copyright or trademark
- A defamation (also known as libel or slander) claim brought against you
- Loss, theft or damage of client documents in your care, including data
- Loss of money or goods (for which you are responsible)
If you need Professional Indemnity insurance, then talk to us about your requirements. We will work with you to determine what level and scope of insurance cover you need taking into account the size of contracts you undertake and the potential claims you might be exposed to.
Call us today for a friendly no-obligation quotation and discussion on 01489 579808 or contact us using our webform now.