If things go wrong with your client, it pays to have the correct insurance in place.
As a professional service provider you endeavour to deliver the best service to your clients but mistakes can be made. If your client believes they have suffered financial loss as a result of your actions, it can be extremely costly to put things right.
Who is Professional Indemnity Cover for?
Anyone who provides advice, design or a professional service to their clients including:
- Soletraders, freelancers and contractors
- Single company, owned and limited companies
What does it cover?
Professional indemnity covers your legal costs and expenses in defending a claim, and any compensation or costs that may subsequently be awarded to the other party.
We are here to help. Please leave your details and we will call you back at a time that suits you.
When would you need it?
If your client claims they have suffered financial loss as the result of alleged neglect, error or omission by you. Including:
- Negligence, such as making a mistake in a piece of work for a client, or giving them poor advice
- Infringement of intellectual property rights, such as copyright or trademark
- A defamation (also known as libel or slander) claim brought against you
- Loss, theft or damage of client documents in your care, including data
- Loss of money or goods (for which you are responsible)
If you need Professional Indemnity insurance, then talk to us about your requirements. We will work with you to determine what level and scope of insurance cover you need taking into account the size of contracts you undertake and the potential claims you might be exposed to.
Call us today for a friendly no-obligation quotation and discussion on 01489 579808 or contact us using our webform now.
In brief the Professional Indemnity policy covers your legal liability, Claims made against you for damages and claimants costs for breach of professional duty, due to a negligent act, error or omission in the course of your business.
The policy may automatically include or can be extended to include:
- Claims made against you for Libel & Slander
- Dishonesty, fraudulent, criminal or malicious act or omission of employees
- Loss of documents
- Unintentional breach of confidentiality
- Unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights
- Unintentional breach of copyright
ETHICAL. THOUGHTFUL. EXPERIENCED.
Greenfield would rather advise you correctly and not win your business,
to make sure you don’t suffer in the long term.
Greenfield Insurance Services is an Independent Insurance Broker specialising in providing Insurance Solutions to Business and High Net Worth private clients.
Based in Hampshire our Team of Insurance professionals are dedicated to providing strong technical advice in order to hand pick policies to suit your individual needs. All of our technical staff undergo a continuous training programme and work to our customer charter. Having established the business in 1989, Stephen Greenfield was joined by James Mant as a full Equity partner in 2001. Following Stephen’s retirement in 2018, James took over control of the company.